A year and a half ago (wow, it's been that long) I worked on a sculpture of a friend for one of my classes. It took the later half of a semester to do and through it, I learned a lot of anatomy, the process of water clay and various other things.
After the firing in the kiln, it came out in this two-toned circus peanut color, which was expected. For about a year, it sat on my desk and then over the china cabinet at home. Last night, I finally got it into my head to finish the thing. I had been instructed on a way to give it a bronze finish but never got around to actually giving it that finish. So, for a couple of hours last night, that's what I did.
I sprayed the sculpture with two coats of spray primer and then took some brite gold metallic paint and gave it three coats. After letting that dry, I applied a light mist of bronze paint and then applied black shoe polish with a tooth brush and cloth diaper.
The finish isn't perfect by any means, but I think it is works and I am pleased with it. Two years later, it's finished.





jealousjealousjealous. Wish I could do this! The knarly hair, sloping forehead, I know just who this is (although I do not know her by name). Well done.
ReplyDelete