But my teapot...my teapot. Oh I am so excited! It is a unique design specifically tailored to my unique difficulties with my hands (they're huge and one of them can't feel squat). The handle can be held from below and I find that it is easier to carry with a full capacity of water. The lid has a handle that prevents tipping when pouring as well as notches for teabag tags to attach to while brewing. The decorative bars across the front are also useful for one's hand to rest while pouring and preventing burning because of the thickness. And the glaze was totally unexpected! I love it. This is the best thing I have made in ceramics and I tested it out as soon as it came out of the kiln. It makes a mean pot of tea. Enjoy!
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
I HAVE A TEAPOT!
I am so excited right now! My teapot just came out of the kiln and it is absolutely beautiful. This semester I have had a great deal of difficulty with glazes. I have found good color mixtures but they have often been extremely runny or produce air bubbles when they pool. Most of my functional pieces were rendered unusable because of this.
But my teapot...my teapot. Oh I am so excited! It is a unique design specifically tailored to my unique difficulties with my hands (they're huge and one of them can't feel squat). The handle can be held from below and I find that it is easier to carry with a full capacity of water. The lid has a handle that prevents tipping when pouring as well as notches for teabag tags to attach to while brewing. The decorative bars across the front are also useful for one's hand to rest while pouring and preventing burning because of the thickness. And the glaze was totally unexpected! I love it. This is the best thing I have made in ceramics and I tested it out as soon as it came out of the kiln. It makes a mean pot of tea. Enjoy!
But my teapot...my teapot. Oh I am so excited! It is a unique design specifically tailored to my unique difficulties with my hands (they're huge and one of them can't feel squat). The handle can be held from below and I find that it is easier to carry with a full capacity of water. The lid has a handle that prevents tipping when pouring as well as notches for teabag tags to attach to while brewing. The decorative bars across the front are also useful for one's hand to rest while pouring and preventing burning because of the thickness. And the glaze was totally unexpected! I love it. This is the best thing I have made in ceramics and I tested it out as soon as it came out of the kiln. It makes a mean pot of tea. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment