SIP is progressing well. It's a lot of time and work. This is to be expected. But most of the work is just talking to people and having conversations with them regarding the questions I put in front of them...and collecting. That's taking a long time too.
Here are some of the things that I've collected. It's an interesting array of various objects, each meaning something significant to those who contributed. Getting these things has been like opening presents at Christmas. And it's been exciting to see what each thing means to the individual it came from. I can't wait to see these things all up in one place. The image below is my attempt at a schematic drawing of sorts for the installation. Each "dot" represents one item. Out of the 1200 items I have the potential to collect, I have no idea how many I'm going to get exactly, so the drawing is purely speculative.
As of today, I have less than eight weeks to finish collecting and install the piece. Two weeks after that, I graduate from college. It's going to be a heck of a ride, but ultimately very beneficial.

No comments:
Post a Comment