Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Painting

This was done as a wedding gift. It's a painting of the place where the indicated couple became engaged, an overlook on a nearby mountain.  I've done "pixel-paintings" like this before but the pixels were MUCH larger and the image far more simple. The focus was more on the color than on the image. Here, I went a little crazy, shifting the focus onto the image.

It was so fun to paint and is by far the most extreme relationship of paint stroke to paper size I've done yet. I am very pleased with the subtlety of the sky. The transition from the blues to the whites and grays turned out really well.

"Hang-gliding Overlook"
Watercolor 
July 2011 


I'm providing a small picture too so you can get an idea of the image of the valley a bit better. It reads well from a distance. Enjoy! 

1 comment: