Monday, July 4, 2011

Painting in the Dark

I did this watercolor in the dark, just to see what would happen. I'm intrigued by the results. The colors were unexpected, especially considering I had no idea what I was putting on the page. It was an interesting experiment.





2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I want to try this.

    Do you have the placement of colors on you palette memorised?
    Were you in complete and utter darkness (like we're talking pre-Creation dark)???

    Were you trying to create a landscape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was indeed trying a landscape. I wasn't really paying attention to where I placed the brush on the palette when I was mixing colors so the colors ended up being somewhat spontaneous. It was dark enough that I couldn't see the colors but I could see a shape against the white of the paper, which reflects even the most minuscule light. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete